[pianotech] Key frame hold downs

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:14:44 MDT 2009

William R. Monroe wrote:
However, I personally don't recommend them, at least not for S&S ...... When I was in NY last spring, I tried a little experiment with them, and they did not ACCURATELY replicate the pressure of the cheek blocks - and this really is essential in S&S.

If the key frame is bedded properly, they work great. If need to exert that much pressure with the key blocks, you can be sure the bedding is not right.

Al G