[pianotech] Steingraeber & Sohns leather key bushings

Andrew Anderson anrebe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:34:31 MDT 2009

I have a late 30s student piano (a0 to a7) traded into the store for
piano lessons.  The piano case shows some of the age, but when I got
into it I was surprised at how well made it is.  It tunes up
beautifully and plays great with a regulation close to the strings
allowing very fine dynamic control.

I'm wondering if the leather front key bushings are original?  I
wouldn't mind if they were a little tighter.  Is there an acceptable
way to "rejuvenate" leather in the context of a keypin?

Andrew Anderson, Artisan Piano