[pianotech] Owen Jorgensen

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 22:39:16 MDT 2009

I'm so glad we got to see him and honor him at the conference this year. I
had the pleasure of talking to him on the phone a couple of times over the
years. He was so gracious and enthusiastic! I felt so honored that he was
willing to spend time talking with me on the phone. That's how this business
is - the great minds are not in some ivory tower somewhere, they are usually
at some ivory keyboard and just a phone call away. They are usually very
happy to hear from an interested person.

I am thankful for how his writings and lectures have helped me understand
our craft on a deeper level. I hope his red tome "Tuning" can be reprinted
by the guild sometime. I asked him about it, and he recommended just getting
it on inter-library loan. "Don't worry about the copyright", he told me
"copy whatever you like out of it. I just want people to have the
information". That's the kind of man he was - truly giving and passionate
about his work.

Here's to a well-tempered life! Cheers, Owen!