[pianotech] Owen Jorgensen

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sat Aug 8 18:33:06 MDT 2009

Today we lost one of the greats in our small industry. My sincere condolences to his family.

It was at a seminar at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL back in the mid 80's where I first met Owen and took his class on historical temperaments. What an eye opening experience on how pianos could be tuned in something other than equal temperament. It also gave me a much better understanding of why music was written in different keys. In addition to his fine presentation, he also honored us at the banquet with a wonderful piano recital. It was indeed and honor to have known him.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943