[pianotech] Pitch raising limit

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed Aug 5 15:13:16 MDT 2009

Hi, A lot will depend on the first pitch raise and how the piano reacts to it. I would expect with my SAT at least two major raises setting the first pitch to any page. On the  second pass  if the piano is still aprox 100 low the same page. On this pass I would also check the wound strings and raise only 12.5 measured at A2. Third pass should be within 15 cents.
Measure for page info ( stretch ) and tune, checking A2 again. It should be within 3 cents so no over pull.
For concert venue 4th tuning the next day.

Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com