[pianotech] Soundboard deflection - Pitch raise

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 22:23:56 MDT 2009

In a message dated 8/4/2009 10:48:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:

>  In a message dated 8/4/2009 10:09:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
>  rnossaman at cox.net writes:
>
>     The very fact  that it happens in pianos without measurable
>     crown  or bearing (observable and measurable by anyone who
>      might incredibly harbor a secret wish to actually know), ought
>   to clear it up somewhat.
>
> It goes in the  direction of clarity by addressing variables, but define
> somewhat.  :-)

I can't imagine how it could be even  somewhat ambiguous. What
other factors beyond bearing and crown will  affect soundboard
deflection with tension changes? Or are we going to  where
everything is in some level of structural failure at all
times,  grasshopper?
Ron N
No so much a suggestion of ambiguity, for there is none, just a wish for a
clearer idea of the depth of the conclusions which can be drawn without
accounting for all variables.

Grasshopper? :-)