[pianotech] Soundboard deflection - Pitch raise

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 21:27:21 MDT 2009

Is there any material in the piano that doesn't have some degree of
flexibility? The structural components are also all mechanically tied
together. Pianos are squirmy, wriggly, stubborn things! If the plate moves a
bit, wouldn't the rim also have to move, and thus the pinblock, and thus the
keybed, etc. [?]
The toe bone connected to the heel bone,
The heel bone connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the knee bone.....
[?]

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter