[pianotech] Saturday Appointments

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 09:00:46 MDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Ed Sutton <ed440 at mindspring.com> wrote:

>  I'm considering establishing a policy of "No Saturday Appointments."
> It began as a favor to a customer who lived nearby, when they both began
> working away from home weekdays.
> Once you make a Saturday appointment, you have a customer who will demand
> Saturday only appointments, and it doesn't take very many of those to claim
> most (soon all) available Saturdays.
> How have others dealt with this?
> Ed S.

 Hi Ed,

I stopped working on Saturdays years ago, the few appointments I made on
Saturdays were noisy, the people wanted me to rush, start late and everybody
wanted the morning so it became a half day, frequently one tuning.

I don't work them now except for the occasional concert, wedding emergency,
etc. I'll start early or go late on a weekday to accomodate a schedule.
I have a large honeydo list which usually fills my Saturday and frequently
Sunday as well and my boss doesn't like me taking time from that to tune!
(grin)

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404