[pianotech] water damage

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Tue Aug 4 07:56:59 MDT 2009

Jack,

I must say that while I agree that some of these pianos can be a long-term
success with very little to worry about, I would never stake my reputation
guaranteeing that a fire/water damaged piano won't have problems in the
future - joint separations, rust, whatever.  I'd advise proceeding with
caution.  I know that Kawai for example has a form letter that they will
send out for just this purpose (I have one) stating that they would
recommend that their pianos be considered a total loss if they are involved
involved in a fire.  Worth considering.

William R. Monroe