[pianotech] Advantages/Disadvantages of muting techniques

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 4 06:09:06 MDT 2009

The final outcome is the main factor.  However the less you have to move
things around, mutes or tools, the more time is saved.  If  you were to
strip mute a piano, you need no mutes at this point, especially if you are
doing a pitch raise.  Tune one string, pull out the string, tune the other
string etc., or set the temperament or whatever system you use for that and
go up and down and then yank out the felt.  Whateve blows your hair back is
what my dad used to day.