[pianotech] Saturday Appointments

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 3 20:36:12 MDT 2009

I really don't understand the need to NOT work on Saturday! Where is it written that we're supposed to not work on Saturday. The only thing I can think of is the decrees of politicians to have shorter work weeks and a chicken in every pot sort of B.S.!!! OR, if you happen to be of the SDA religion.
I've been working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day for over 40 years. I enjoy my work. I've also had plenty of time for my family and a small amount of recreation. When I take a day off, I feel like I'm playing hookey! My main work schedule is 3 days in the shop 3 days out. Many times it doesn't work out that way, but that's what I try to do.
My main reason for working Saturdays is it allows me to provide service for my many working Moms & Dads that only are available on Saturday or Sunday. I do refuse to be let in by the kid/kids, during the week. That is absolutely suicide in todays law suit happy society. I will work on Sunday too. However, I charge Triple my regular rate!<G> Haven't had a taker yet!<G> Mondays, (which are always crappy, IMHO), are reserved for running errands, catching up on paperwork, etc.
Works for me.
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)