[pianotech] sustain pedal problem

Claude Harding charding88 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 3 17:58:10 MDT 2009

Tom,
  I would recommend checking the alignment of the spring.  To serve as the
most efficient fulcrum, I think it should be "in line" on a line between the
pedal prop and the place where it engages the bottom of the pedal dowel.  If
possible, the bottom of the pedal dowel should be directly below the point
where it engages the damper lift rod, not at a significant angle.  This may
not always be possible, but get it as close as you can.
 That's my recommendation.  If it doesn't work, it is evidently worth
everything it cost you.  :-)
Claude Harding

  _____