[pianotech] Pitch raise criteria

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Aug 2 23:28:54 MDT 2009

We all were (3 hours tuners) at one point.  Tuning speed has to do with
hammer control and feel.  When practicing technique don't forget that
technique ultimately boils down to feel.  The more you tune the more you
develop a feel for the tuning hammer and pin movement, the faster you know
when the pin is stable and the faster the tunings get.  Pitch raises should
go quickly though.  Fifteen to twenty minutes max.  No point in laboring
over pin setting there.  You're back on them before it matters.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com