[pianotech] Pitch raise criteria

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 1 21:58:30 MDT 2009

JF is correct.  Don't obsess about how close you are on the first past
through especially.  You have to go over it again regardless in most cases.
I was taught to do the pitch raise as quickly as possible.   It took me a
couple of hours was my first time through a piano just for the pitch raise.
My dad made me time myself.  I suggest likewise.  Next time shoot for a few
minutes less or more if you can.  When you achieve that goal cut it down by
several more minutes until you can raise pitch 1/2 tone or more in less than
10 minutes.  Learning this will leave you 50 minutes or more for the final
pass or two.

Jer