[pianotech] Brass rail problems

bppiano at aol.com bppiano at aol.com
Sat Aug 1 16:55:37 MDT 2009

I just recently tuned a piano with brass rails, fully expecting problems, I brought all my spare brass flange parts. ?Alas, they're all holding, however; in the bichord section, well over half on the hammers are only hitting the left of the two strings. ?How do I align these hammers? ?This family was given this piano from relatives, he's teaches English and a small liberal arts college here in Colorado Springs. ?Not a big budget. ?When you run across a family that actually uses the piano, it sure gives you a reason to help them out.

Bruce Pennington, RPT

Colorado Springs, CO