[pianotech] Saturday Appointments

ben at benspianotuning.com ben at benspianotuning.com
Sat Aug 1 09:59:33 MDT 2009

I got this idea from my doctor; he did it for me, so I thought I'd try it.  It works pretty well for me too!

I establish with my clients early on that I try to keep "normal business hours" during the "normal work week". My only exception to this is concert work, which I don't bother telling them. If they're unable to take time off OR schedule far enough in advance to be sure to be there OR have a friend or relative home to let me in, THEN I tell them that I have a policy where I work ONE Saturday each month (which I reserve for clients like them who find it impossible to do any other day of the week). Then I offer a Saturday that I know I can handle in my schedule and I offer it to them. This has worked out pretty well so far! Also, I've told clients that I've already worked my planned Saturday this month, but that I'd be happy to schedule them on another Saturday next month. This results in 3 free Saturdays a month, and we're all relatively happy!

-Ben
Ben Gac, RPT
Ben's Piano Tuning
(630) 291-5654 - cell