piano plate cleaning/polishing

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 10:03:24 MDT 2008

Similarly for plate cleaning. The right strength will take off the dirt, while leaving most of the finish intact. Most plates were top-coated with shellac, and many cleaners will remove this. Remove "just the right amount" and then clear-coat, and you'll have plate that looks as good as it can, without a total rebuild.

Euphonious Thumpe