Fazer upright?

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 10:02:35 MDT 2008

I see Fazer uprights not so seldom. Produced in Finnland and the brand
was taken over by Hellas in 1989. Not bad, but nothing to be proud of.
A warm tone is not the first thing that comes in my mind when I think
about Fazer. But I believe to remember that the hammers react very well
to voicing, so it should be easy to get a worm tone. I wonder if they
produced pianos higher than 110 cm. All Fazers and Hellas I saw were
small console pianos. Once I saw a Hellas with a transparent fallboard made of plexiglas, very nice. And once I saw a very strange piano with red and yellow keys ( or was it green and red?) and I think that was a Fazer too.

Gregor