Breaking Point

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Thu Sep 25 09:11:53 MDT 2008

 Terry:

Interesting that you were able to measure so "accurately" on average. The typical breakage of plain wire is in the range of 300 cents above it's scaled pitch, or a minor third. You just proved it to yourself. We've done some research projects here at the school with a beautiful jig built by one of our students to prove that point as well.

Paul

Most broke when pulled 200 - 300 cents
sharp!