Double-Bushed Guide Rails

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 21:43:45 MDT 2008

Perhaps I was a bit over emphatic--my language obviously inspired by our
recent political and financial gambit.  I have done it the other way, it's
really a pain using an outer layer of understring felt (red) followed by the
inner bushing.  You will need to glue the outer layer in place in order to
pull the other one through without pulling the whole thing out.  It then
requires you to spot glue the inner bushing so that should you need to ease
the bushing later on you don't push the whole thing out.  The shellac system
of securing them doesn't work with the two concentric bushings as the inner
bushing will not be secured properly. A thicker piece of bushing cloth to
start with is much easier and faster.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com