Petrof 7'-0" Versus Kawai RX-6 (7'-0")

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 15:28:26 MDT 2008

Alan, I have only one regular customer (Petrof upright vintage 2001) that I had to tune every 3 months. The others were just one tuning each at the dealer. The two treble sections are very wild (I'd like to try the Protec on the treble strings). The bass and tenor sections tune like the Steinway K, very difficult to equalize the string. After about 4 tunings we went to every 4 months and now we are tuning it about twice a year. After 9 tunings, it is doing better, but It still takes me about 15-20 minutes longer to tune.

Al Guecia