Mason & Hamlin & Other Pianos

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 15:55:58 MDT 2008

? Hey What? about

?1.Top Dog no contest... Custom Restored pianos by small shop artisans, Made in America!?. LOL
?1. The Overs piano from Ausralia. Nothing like it
1. ?Hamburg Steinway
2. ?New York Steinway
3. ?Fazioli (too much $)
4. ?Bosendorfer ?(also too much $ and brighter than I like)
5. ?Yamaha - always dependable, easy to service, etc)
6. ?Kawai - ( same as Yamaha, but I like their tone better, especailly on FF or FFF)
7. These last two, Estonia and Petrof, I'm not a big fan of, but consider them equal in terms of workability, tunability, regulateability, etc, so, if you're picking between two, it would be play both next to each other, check actions, etc and flip a coin. without the abilty to compare, I would choose the Petrov....

Dale Erwin