Petrof 7'-0" Versus Kawai RX-6 (7'-0")

holly quigley hollyquigley at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 14:03:31 MDT 2008

Well, I'm terribly biased because I get to work on a ton of Kawais, and I
grew up playing one. I don't have a lot of experience with Petrof grands,
but the few I've played didn't impress me, and the uprights I've serviced
were nothing spectacular at all. I second David Stahl's post wholeheartedly;
Kawais are beautiful instruments to play and to service, and their tech
support is top.
Can you tell us why the client has narrowed their choice to these two
brands? I'm just curious.
Of course, ultimately it always comes down to whatever moves the person
picking the instrument. I've been witness to people making some decisions
that I just will never understand, with their explanation being that the
piano they chose is what "spoke" to them, or bonded with their souls, or
whatever whimsical phrase you want to use. Not that that kind of thing has
no weight, it does. Sometimes it's just beyond logic, though. In my opinion,
of course ;)
-Holly Quigley