Disinfecting Piano: ( Sorry Bill, but "bleach" might not be such a good idea.)

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 10:22:17 MDT 2008

Not if it's chlorine-based, anyway. ( Hydrogen-peroxide might be OK, but if you're Super-Cleaning(TM) the keybed, frames, etc. that will kill all the germs, anyway. I'd clean all the direct-contact stuff with that, then blast trhe remainder with naptha ona  piano not TOO filthy, that I deemed "salvageable". )
     But you'll STILL have a stinky piano, just from "odor-creep",
on pianos that are rodent-infested in any way.
     I tried chlorine bleach, once, and 6 months later, great globs of rust were all over the keypins, strings, etc.. Chlorine bleach is extremely reactive, and the chlorine gas which helps comprise t gets into, and then seeps out of, all sorts of materials.

Euphonious Thumpe