How's business?

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 20:38:07 MDT 2008

Wim,
I wouldn't say business here in Mississippi is great.  But I've done very
little marketing of my services.  This is due to other things always going
on in life that really prevent a "full" work week. Namely, being a single
dad. I'm working 2-3 days a week -- sometimes more if more people call.
 I've just finished up a reconditioning and regulation of a Baldwin
vertical.  And I have two grand recon/regs in October.  For me, that's
plenty for right now.  And I'm getting ready for my final exam (the
technical) in November.

I take the work as it comes, and it has been more than sufficient.  Some
people might call it luck.  I call it the kind provision of a caring Father.
 The work comes as needed, and even in areas that I'm already scheduled to
be in.  The gaps in the schedule fill up amazingly nicely.  I'm not getting
rich, and not accumulating much in retirement, but I'm really content.  And
money can't buy that. :-)

Also, it pays to live debt free and frugally. And to not have a mind set on
the next new toy. And to pack lunches instead of eating out every day.  All
that means less outflow ... ergo, less worry and less stress.

--
JF