Should I?

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 15:23:11 MDT 2008

Should I?Alan,

It's not really too difficult to calculate the price you should pay for a piano.

1, Determine the condition and necessary work you need to do to sell the piano at the price range in step 2.
2, Check out the selling price of that piano in your area. If you can't find one or two in your area, then check nationally for a price range. You need to do research here.
3, Subtract 2 moves - pick up and delivery.
4, Subtract the cost of work needed to bring the piano up to the price range you have determined above, then double it because it will always take more work than you thought.
5, Now subtract all that from your selling price.
6, Take the remainder and subtract the profit you want to make, considering the cost of advertisement, and how long you may have to hold on to the piano before it sells, etc.
7, The left over number is the maximum you should pay for any piano.

If it has a polyester finish and it's in good condition, it should bring from about $5,000 to $6,500. You may be able to get even more if your willing to hold on to it and wait for the person who wants that piano.

Al Guecia