Wurlitzer Iron Pinblock -Anyone ever restring one of these things?

Kendall Ross Bean kenbean at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 13 15:15:40 MDT 2008

Scott~

Thanks for the great photo and the excellent insights.

So far I haven't seen any V.T.S. markings, but I will keep looking. So Beale
Piano used it too, huh?

WD-40 seems an excellent idea, as well, to avoid broken pins.

It reminds one that these iron wrest planks are quite different creatures
from the conventional type of pinblock, where you wouldn't want to let WD-40
anywhere near it!

WD-40 also works great for disassembling those frozen muffler and exhaust
system parts on the car, just let it soak in overnite... ;-)

-Or Liquid WrenchTM.

Sincerely,

~Kendall