Sharp piano key reattachment

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 10:26:04 MDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:05 PM, William Monroe <pianotech at a440piano.net>wrote:

> As others have said, you can, and it would work, but I wouldn't.  Mainly
> because you will have a bit more cleanup when the glue has cured (foamy hard
> squeeze-out, as you probably know).
>
> But, if it's what you have and you want to, I can't really see the harm.
>
> William R. Monroe
>

> William,
>>
>> Can "Gorilla Glue" be safely used in this situation? I know it sounds
>> dumb!
>> But will it do the job?
>>
>> Tony
>>

>    Please advise me as to what type of glue can be used to reattach a

> I have used regular old yellow Titebond for both wood and plastic sharps
for years, a little extra for the plastic ones so you have a "bubble" of
glue up in the hollow spaces.
For the wooden ones sand both key and sharp clean and glue them then clamp
or rubber band them if clamps aren't handy for at least 30 minutes.

Mike

--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com