"Seasoned For Destination"

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Sep 11 09:35:28 MDT 2008

> My basic question is this: Will a piano built for the Japanese market be
> any worse off in North America. If so, why? If not, Why?
>

> Bruce Gibson

It depends on where in the country it goes. In areas with high
year round humidity, they do fine. Here in Wichita Kansas,
they tend to deteriorate quickly without good humidity
control. People try to shrug off the "gray market" boojum as a
marketing thing, but it's a very real concern in areas that
have seasons.
Ron N