those pesky nose bolts

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Thu Sep 4 10:09:46 MDT 2008

Just thinking if anyone has a technique that will consistently get the nose bolts dead center in the hole in the new soundboard.
Seems that getting the plate to case alignment perfect (same as it was before tear down) after the new block was epoxied in the case, then transferring nose bolt hole locations - marking and drilling the board was just not enough.
Out of 7 - 3 were dead center, 2 were ok, 1 almost touching the edge of the hole in the board and 1 will not go in without elongating the hole in the board.
There is something missing for me as it is difficult to figure a way to include the nose bolt mounting holes in the case into the process. Transferring nose bolt locations to the new board seemed fairly straight forward but it was assumed that those mounting holes below would cooperate.
It was obvious that the nose bolts were not drilled perfectly virticle but they fit into the plate nicely prior to tear down. I did not think this was an issue.
Thanks for any thoughts and comments.
Gene