New Steinway Hammers was---hammer thickness trimming jig

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Tue Sep 2 11:42:17 MDT 2008

I tried the opposite, Ronson with Wurzen felt on a Grey market late 60's Yamaha G2. I was very happy with the tone, but the Ronson's I used were much heavier than the Yamaha hammers they replaced. This created some balance weight issues that ended up compromising the feel of the action once additional lead was added to the key. Still, it was a interesting experiment to hear the Yamaha with the heavier Ronson's. Assist springs probably would have helped, I don't think action ratio could have been lowered much.
Fenton