fallboard vs. keytops

Rex Roseman rosemanpiano at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 11:21:01 MDT 2008

Alan

Snip: "I'm not sure what you mean by them being "installed upside down,"
though.  Could you please clarify that?" Some of the fallboards with pins in
the cases that I have seen have the pin off center on a base so that a screw
hole can be put next to it without having the base of the pin being to
large. After thinking about this though, I can't see that the fallboard
could be in at an angle to the treble without either binding on the treble
end or being visibly unlevel in relation to the stretcher.

I would lean towards Fred Sturms reply that something is out of whack with
the keyframe. Any other thing that I could imagine (such as the keybed not
being level) would cause severe problems elswhere.

Rex Roseman