Jack Flange (Results)

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Oct 28 16:40:06 MST 2008

Matthew,
Sounds good . Capstan adjustment will always be required after installing a new flange and or jack. The only caveat would be if the action center on the flange was radically "taller or shorter"  from the origional .In that case  action geometry could be different on that key.
If the whippen height from the top of the key is basically in line with it's neighbors you're OK.
Also you are not adjusting the hammer line with the capstan.
You are adjusting the top of the jack to the butt to eliminate or to establish a small amount of lost motion if successful repetition requires it.
Good job.
Tom Driscoll