Contiguous Major Thirds Accuracy?

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 07:12:25 MST 2008

John:

I have given my P4-P5 octave test some careful critiquing and have decided
that I am listening to the 6:4 5th beat speed and not the 3:2 beat speed.
The octave width seems to be about 6:3 and not 4:2 when using the faster
beating tests. I like the sound of the resulting octave very much.

Can you explain how the A3-E4 and E4-A4 beat speeds are equal in a 4:2
octave?

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle

Please address replies to the List. Do not E-mail me privately. Thank You.