Portable Vacuums

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 13:40:03 MST 2008

In a message dated 10/27/2008 12:28:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net writes:

Hello All: I used to have a small portable vacuum  cleaner, which could both
vacuum and operate as a blower. I have not been able  to find one since the
old one broke, and the catalogs no longer carry them.  Anyone know of a company
that carries something like this?
Thanks,
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano  Technician
Piano Technicians Guild

Pat,

The Hoover PortaPower Commercial is such a beast, and is available on Ebay.
I know, because I just got one recently, due to my ancient  PortaPower taking
one too many dives. It's powerful, and while not quiet,  at least the noise is
commensurate with the power. It comes with a set of wands  and brushes, and
has a shake-out-able cloth filter instead of expensive bags.

For a short time I had a little Dust Devil. Its main feature was its  ability
to convert almost 100% of its power from suction into screaming noise.
Useless.

Bob Davis