Buying Customer List or Existing Business

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sat Oct 25 06:54:46 MDT 2008

SNIP

  Paul,
  This sounds like I lot of trust would have to be placed on  both of ends. The both of you could end up in a troubled business relationship which might never, ever get resolved.

  As a business colleague of mine says, "That's why I do business only with those I can trust."  When I worked out the details of my agreement, it did depend hugely on trust.  And, we did trust, and it did work out.  That said, handshake business is a disappearing commodity these days, and I think one can be trusting without being naiive.

  SNIP

  My advise would be to keep this as simple and sweet as possible.
  SNIP
  I would include the non-compete clause as part of being a good businessman, but don't bank on really having that have much teeth to do be effective.

  Very important point to remember, here.  Spot on,Tom.

  William R. Monroe

  Tuners can be sly foxes when they need to be as they don't need a store front to operate out of.
  Just my 2 cents.
  Tom Servinsky

    List:
        I have been offered first dibs on a piano business that has been gradually downsized over the past several years.  SNIP

        Paul McCloud, RPT
        San Diego, CA