Jack Flanges

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 25 03:53:24 MDT 2008

Matthew-

The repair should be made in the piano.
Clean up everything and screw the wippen back into the action. Pin the jack into the flange.
There will always be a little bit of play between the flange and the wippen. This lets you adjust the jack for best alignment with the hammer butt. Use your glue of choice: hot hide, yellow, white or medium CA are all good for this. Use tweezers or hemostat to hold the flange and seat it thoroughly. Tilt as needed to align the tip of the jack with the hammer butt.

So many details for such a tiny repair.

Ed Sutton