POTW

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Thu Oct 23 21:56:51 MDT 2008

> I'll admit it probably took me an hr. to find the problem.
> With no cheek blocks in, the action moved just fine, albeit
> too far right, but the bass hammers did not hang up. As soon
> as I tightened both blocks, the offending bass hammers hung up.
>
> What did I find?
>
> -Phil Bondi(Fl)
Mr.B.

Interesting. If the  bass hammers don't hang up on the guide rail then do
hang up after tightening the cheeks suggest a change in the keyframe
relationship within the cavity.

1. Frame rocking from poor bedding or warped with the backrail lifting off
the keybed when the cheeks get tightened?

2. Frame members have failed glue joint somewhere and the action is moving
toward the belly rail when the cheeks get tightened?

I'll go for door #1 or maybe I don't have a clue.

P.S. Is this a newer Chinese piano? I had some Pearls with very unstable
keyframes .

Tom Driscoll RPTired