yamaha rebuild

richard.ucci at att.net richard.ucci at att.net
Thu Oct 23 07:49:40 MDT 2008

They are so thin theres no daylight comming thru, really hairline.
-------------- Original message from Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu>: --------------

How about just shimming?

Paul

richard.ucci at att.net
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
10/23/2008 08:24 AM Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

Topianotech <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc
Subjectyamaha rebuild

List, I looked at a Yamaha g-3 ca: early-70's (green understring felt). Needs restringing and new hammers and backchecks. Block is good, as well as bridges. Whippens good, as well as back action.

My question is about the hairline cracks in the board. Should I risk restringing without replacing the board? It still has crown and no buzzing etc. Ribs are good.

Cost is a consideration here, and a new board would put him over his budget.
Thanks,
Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano