Dampp-chaser plugs and systems

Jessica Masse ebonyandivory at on.aibn.com
Wed Oct 22 14:00:59 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica Masse [mailto:ebonyandivory at on.aibn.com]
Sent: October 20, 2008 2:28 PM
To: 'pianotech at ptg.org'
Subject: Re: Dampp-chaser plugs and systems

Hi All,

I am in Canada and I hope to find a Plug that has a fuse to repair the
crushed plug ( a Super-plug or EZ-Wire Plug? I'm not familiar with these
names).  It seem Dampp-chaser sells these.

As to the water in the tank?  Yes the purpose of the water is fine but not
when the humidistat can't work because there is no power or it is unplugged
or the plug is damaged.

I don't remember seeing any standard extension cords with fuses in them or
the plug Dampp-chaser is recommending.

I am guessing that the fuse was added to the plug due to the fact the system
has water not just in case you run over a power cord.

Jessica Masse

Jessica Masse

RPT Piano Technicians Guild

Proprietor, Ebony and Ivory Piano Company