Re; Broken Key repair

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 11:45:27 MDT 2008

I won't quarrel or repeat the advice given for the broken key repair just
add a time saving tip I learned about 10 years ago.
Instead of clamping the key after gluing the break with your glue of choice
wrap it with a couple of turns of that clear acetate box tape. The kind UPS
requires, it makes a sturdy clamp that doesn't have to be removed, won't
deteriorate and can be left in place forever, if you wish. It also allows
plenty of clearance with other keys and is inexpensive.
You will probably have to trim, after placing it, around the balance pin
hole on the bottom so you don't change the key height and provide clearance
on the top so the key button clearance is free but it is very fast compared
to the other methods I know of.

Mike
--
If you can actually count your money, then you are not really a rich man.
J. Paul Getty

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404