Steinway scale

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 17:19:02 MDT 2008

Best thing to do is measure the speaking lengths and calculate it yourself.
On that piano the tensions should be around 150 lbs per string in the plain
wire section.  You probably won't be able to get that in the lowest tenor
without creating some serious honk.  If you can't do the calculations send
the measurements to someone who can.  That would include me (modest fee).

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com