The all new Weickert felt hammer by Ronsen

David C. Stanwood stanwood at tiac.net
Sat Oct 18 06:32:17 MDT 2008

>Dale Wrote: <snip>  Pressure is pressure but pre pressing removes
>resilience as does too much heat. <snip>

Dale,

I've always felt (no pun intended) that tension in a cold pressed
hammer develops resiliency and density at the same time and that this
tension is always diminished by hot pressing.  Imaging bouncing
something off a stretched nylon rope... (nylon being very stretchy).
If the rope isn't stretched tightly you can't bounce off it very
well...

David S