The all new Weickert felt hammer by Ronsen

Serge Harel serge.harel at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 17 06:53:52 MDT 2008

Hi Dale

Of course this a very sensitive topic with too much of emotional reaction
sometime.

All the big hammer maker try to please piano factory first at the best price
so the industrial process is the priority.
Some felt like Wurzen AA work well if the hammer as a lot of tension, heat
and too much pressure broke the tension and kill the live inside the felt.
In China they are hand presses but too much heat to cure the glue and they
heat again before they slice the felt tube in individual hammer. They deep
the felt strip in some special juice before pressing all this injury a high
quality felt.

The better the felt the more sensitive the are that why Ray and me has good
result with our old fashion way to make hammer.
The hydraulic could not make tension hammer like l do on the picture.

Thank to André to make me know about the Wurzen felt six years ago, I bring
myself to Ray is first wurzen sheet(22 pound) four years ago and he doing
good think with it.

There is big competition between felt maker and it's very good to all of use
Abel got nice natural felt and Wurzen got this new Weickert
thing go for a better future for the sound of the grand piano.

Serge

--

phone 514-750-4522
cel 514-569-4414