Broken Keys

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 18:44:11 MDT 2008

As others have stated, the key is likely broken at the balance rail. I like to fix them once and be able to have faith that they will remain fixed forever. That means EPOXY! I'll rout out the side of the key at the break and epoxy in as thick a good harwood veneer as I can. This kind of work I'll do in my shop. Use neighbor keys to get angle correct.

Terry Farrell