The all new Weickert felt hammer by Ronsen

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 15 05:19:07 MDT 2008

Will,
Well said.  I remember going to one of Horace Greeley's demonstration where he took a lot of different hammers and installed them in a 2 octave range. The demonstration was to show how a good voicer can take any type of hammer thrown at him and voice them so that the skilled listerner could not disconcern the final results. That was one of those eye-opening experiences that start my quest to managing good voicing techniques. I agree with you 100% that this is an art form and it takes years of practice and listening to achieve that state of mind. Of course, the bottom line is how much work are we willing to do to get that great point.
With this new Weickert felt, the time issue has been diminished considerably and it's been an eye-opener for me to see how the choice of felt, combined with a skilled hammer maker can make our life easier and enjoyable.
No pun intended, but I would like to be the first to nominate Ray Negron for the "Golden Hammer" award this coming year. Never was there an award more deserving, and never was the name of the award more appropriate.

Tom Servinsky