Short SS A Renner back action

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Tue Oct 14 16:24:09 MDT 2008

        Yes but the rotation is not very great so don't overdo it. I like a good 5mm of material surounding the pivot pin in the tray so anything less requires relocating the pivot in the pivot blocks. Steinway calls for a 15 degree angle of the underlever to the keyend at rest. Trying to achieve a "magic" half stroke line will almost always bring the tray down too low so that it interferes with the dags.

        Not an issue with dags as a Piano Disk will be installed - dags are not needed as the back end of the action was cut off - will probably need to install a modified dag at either end of the action where there is a piece of the action remaining that goes the full depth. It will be more of a stop block or similar.
         Actually - just finished removing material and you are correct, the rotation is small and it looks like I got it right on the first try.
        Also, the pivot pins are not an issue either as I moved them to align with the center pin of the lift lever.
        I think the tray elevation and magic line will work ok.
        Thanks,
        Gene