The all new Weickert felt hammer by Ronsen

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 09:55:27 MDT 2008

Hi Conrad
? The feed back that's coming in from?my highly skilled testers have been very gratifying. My description would be "Warm clear sound,powerful blooming sustain without the characteristic sound of overly densified hammers and power without noise.
?From Testers:
? " PPP like I never heard before." Tom Servinsky. Installed on a Yamaha C-7 recording studio
?? "If this is what your producing this is my default hammer of choice"? David Love.??A?David Love custom restoration, Model O Steinway redesign
?As I get more feed back from the other testers I will post it. My first set was in a very pristine Kawai Kg-3 ( 6 ft) The young man who plays is a real talent. I filed the hammers?into a beautiful diamond shape,used the ?action ratio value to determine hammer weight and then prepped and installed. From the first key stroke the hammers extracted ALL the sustain that board had to give. A Fat, gorgeous, balanced sound. I was duly impressed. After alignment & string mating?I wanted??just a bit more high partial clarity so I filed the tops clean with 400 grit sand paper paddle and the balance,clarity and power stepped up another level.? This specific protocol is very effective on all Ronsen made hammers & should be considered S.O.P.
?I'll be crafting a complete voicing guide soon for all the Ronsen products.
? I heard back from the pianist."I didn't know a Kawai could sound like this." He takes lesson from a client teacher in S.F. a 2 hour drive from here. SO he's?both gifted and committed.
?SO Conrad, to answer your inquiry...Yes,Your?newly acquired?Knabe would benefit greatly. I'd suggest the 14 Lb on light maple moldings.
? Regards....The Tone Warrior..grin
? Dale Erwin

On 10/14/08, AlliedPianoCraft <AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dale!!!!
>
> Now you've gotten me all excited!
>
> I'll have to go and find a piano that needs new hammers.
>
> Al Guecia

Dale,

I've got a newly (last week) acquired/gifted 1916 5'2" Knabe  with
well truncated hammers. Would it be a candidate for said hammers?

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT
Luther College