Short SS A Renner back action

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Oct 13 17:56:40 MDT 2008

Hi Ric/Gene
? Yes,?one can rebuild & modify the old tray but it's a more complex undertaking requiring a table saw for the cutting & fitting of a riser/extension to build up the back piece where the screws are to be embedded in the underlever flanges.
? Trix & I are now offering Back action assembly services? to the trade for Tokiwa? & Renner back action kits with these manufacturers blessing...for those who do not wish to do this but need to replace a system. Inquire off list
? Thanks
??
? Dale Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com

?
> Haven't used the Renner kit myself... but one thing comes to mind... any > reason why you couldn't just refurbish the origional tray and subsitute it > for the Renner tray using the rest of the kit as is??
>?
> Cheers?
> RicB?
>?
>?
?
Ric,?
The original tray is badly warped from the resistance of the leaf spring installed at the treble end - I will modify this.?
The factory job made a bit of a mess of the original tray and if it were straight, I would not like to have my name on it even if it is hiding in the rear of the action cavity.?
Also I have sold the job and purchased the kit, the installation of which is near complete.?
Gene ?