waves

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Oct 12 01:18:34 MDT 2008

Hi Steve.

I used to live in southern Cal for a few years myself... know the
feeling tho I never got into surfing. San Diego actually... whilst in
the navy stationed at Imperial Beach. I suppose the waters are not as
bad as the air... been a while since I've been in that neck of the woods
so I have to reserve myself a bit.

I DID just get back from Rhodes where we spent our fall week long
holiday. Now THERE was clear blue water... like what you see out in the
middle of the south Pacific... reminded me of Tahiti... I'll post a pic
in a day or so.

Cheers
RicB

    Fenton were do you reside/surf???

    Rick B the water is not as polluted as you may think. I've been
    surfing the same waters for about 35 years and it hasn't killed me
    yet. There are much more pollutants in the air we breath.

    All I know is the other day Wednesday I think, Anaheim was the
    hottest spot in the nation at 104. I drove down to the beach at
    about 1:00pm. It was one of the most beautiful days of the year.
    Glassy all afternoon, after a two hour surf I sat on the beach
    reading a magazine and eating a late lunch. Almost no one was there
    because the summer is over. I thought to myself, I love Southern
    California in the fall.

    Steve Blasyak
    Orange County Ca

    Pura Vida